Saturday 11 August 2012

Andrina gradient and Sea Lore love!


The short; Creme gradient done with Models Own - Utopia, Barry M - Berry Icecream, Revlon - Rock. Topped with one coat of Sea Lore - Andrina. <3 (The tiny shimmer flecked throughout? That's Andrina too. <3)
Also, my camera seemed to be having trouble with this set of purples; it is pulling a little tiny bit too blue in this picture, apologies! Imagine a bit more royal purple and a little less blue-purple. :)

The long;
So recently I went on a massive indie polish splurge, and one of the most exciting ones I stumbled across was a relatively new company called Sea Lore. It's run by a sweet, delightful lady called Jamie (although previous to this knowledge, I had just been calling her "magical mermaid nail polish lady", which also worked for me).

Her polish collection is called Triton's Daughters, and since I'm a fan of glitter -and- Disney, how could I resist? I swiftly ordered mini bottles of Andrina (the first swatch to catch my eye), Alana (so pretty and delicate!), Adella (step out of my comfort zone, but more on that shortly), and Arista (red! holo glitter!).


These bottle shots were taken in my rubbish lightbox (I opened the parcel late evening after work, so no sun), so they're in no way as representative of the awesome shimmer of joy that is in these babies. I am sorry, I will try to learn better photography skills just for these. <3 Having only briefly swatched them on one nail each, and spent a lot of time oohing and ahhing at the bottles, Adella surprised me by being a bit of a runaway favourite. I'm not usually a great fan of gold or lime green, but this polish is -gorgeous-. It'll very probably be my next manicure, but I digress. LOOK AT THE SPARKLY PRETTIES.

Shipping, even internationally, was fast and lovely. The polishes came wrapped in glittery tissue paper, with little Ariel and friends stickers all over them. And sweets! :D She also had a promotion where the first 100 people to make an order over $20 got a handmade polish ring of their choice (I have an adorable ninja octopus stamped over Aquata - photos in the fangirl post to come!) Communication is spectacular; swift replies, plus she's a total sweetheart and her polishes are both gorgeous and professional looking, even down to the adorable little bottles. Seriously, I cannot recommend this lady and her beautiful polishes enough. I'm hopefully going to make another fangirl post later this weekend swooning over her some more.

Go forth! Buy the pretties! You know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment