Saturday 25 August 2012

Space, the final frontier...


Okay, apologies in advance, I have had a bit of a busy week and I'm a little tired, so this post might be a bit rubbish! For a while I'd been wanting to try out galaxy nails, but always felt a little daunted by the idea. So basically I had to paint tiny galaxies on my hands? Pretty, but challenging. However, my urge to have space-age nails overwhelmed my performance anxiety, so armed with some sponges and some determination, I went to work.

All of the nails have a basic black coat underneath (my standard, trusty Rimmel - Black Out), with a bit of white sponged on (Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener :P). The purple nails then had Zoya - Tru, Zoya - Valerie, and China Glaze - DV8 sponged on in bits across the nail. The green nail had the same treatment, but with China Glaze - Lighthouse, Zoya - Ivanka, and China Glaze - DV8.

Once that was done, I lightly sponged a few dips of CND - Sapphire Sparkle across the top, for extra bling. Using a dotting tool, I put a few little white 'stars' (might try to make them more star-like next time, haha!), then covered everything in one coat of China Glaze - Fairy Dust (and, obviously, my beloved Seche Vite to finish). Ta-daaaaa! :D

Despite the trickiness, I'm quite happy with how they turned out! Next time I might try to leave a little more black space (especially obvious on the green nail!), use a smaller dotting tool for the stars and/or embellish them a little. (And maybe if I'm feeling super geeky, I'll paint a tiny Starfleet ship somewhere in there.)

So there you go! Galaxy nails! I have a red accent finger on my right hand instead of green; polishes used were Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Golden Tourmaline, China Glaze - Lighthouse, and Zoya - Valerie. :) (Maybe a bit tooooo close, LOL, but all the other photos were blurry! Sorry!)


No comments:

Post a Comment