Monday 10 December 2012

Black baroque on nude.

Another week of overtime, another week of not enough light. However, after the gorgeous but attention-grabbing neon gradient of the previous week, I decided to go with a palate cleanser (and chopped my nails back a bit!)

This is three coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Petal Pusher, then the details were painted on with black acrylic paint and a small brush. It was inspired by a manicure I've seen by the awesome Mr Candiipants do over on tumblr, I didn't check back for reference but I based it on what I could remember!

It did turn out quite pretty and delicate, and I really enjoyed wearing it. Lots of people at work thought it was "that black crackle stuff" though, so next time I might need to make the flowers more obvious! Ah well!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this! And don't worry, they're clearly flowers. Non-polish obsessed people come out with all sorts of silliness...

    ReplyDelete