Wednesday 14 November 2012

Splash of bright pink on a nude canvas...

Well as much as I loved my last mani, what I really did -not- love was the bright aqua stains that Custom Kicks left on my poor nails. No amount of scrubbing would relieve them, so I knew I'd have to paint over until it grows out, sob. I wanted something nude and neon with flowers, but the idea I'd previous had was rendered useless by the stains, so this is what came out instead.

The base is two coats of Nails Inc - Basil Street, which is the closest I have to a nude colour in my collection. Really it's a little too biscuity, I need something a touch lighter and pinker, but it'll do until I find the holy grail. <3 The flowers are just painted on with China Glaze - Hang Ten Toes, a nice cheery barbie-pink neon with a touch of effervescent shimmer. Details are drawn in with a Models Own black nail art pen, which is looooovely for dotting and drawing with. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment