Wednesday 5 September 2012

August 2012 - New Additions...

So, really, I have been quite bad this month. Oops. Nevermind, the rest of you can live vicariously through my lack of impulse control. :P
First up are my very first HARE polishes! I was lucky enough to catch a flash sale on her etsy,  which resulted in Dog Day Dream and Why So Igneous? making their way into my grabby little hands. :D
 
 
See how pretty they are? The shiny beautiful polishes? Mmmmm. <3 I've only worn DDD so far, but I've painted both Katti (the flamingo queen) & Jade (the wife) with Why So Igneous? this week! :D

Click the cut for more polish bottle pr0n and the rest of my haul.... <3


Second up are my Pahlishes! The first lot came through at the start of the month, Typewriter Keys and Sitting In A Tin Can. I must admit, once I held Sitting In A Tin Can, I thought "it's pretty, but I'm not really sure why I bought it?" I think because it was so different, I wanted it!

Typewriter Keys is a gorgeous topper, I wore it over a dark blurple and it looked stunning! In the process of wearing it as such, I fell in love with the tiny iridescent glitters scattered through it. Off I went to etsy, where there was much squealing and flapping and fangirling at poor patient Shannon, and then another polish order was on its way to me!
The second batch included Toxic And Timeless, Sullen Girl, and a custom polish called The Lights That Stop Me. Yes, Shannon was wonderful and amazing enough to make me a polish based around those little iridescent glitters! Eeeeee! :D She is honestly such a total sweetheart, so talented with her magical polish alchemy skills!
The swatch on the sidebar is The Lights That Stop Me over black, but it's a very hurried swatch (poor lighting, shaky camera hands!) due to extreme excitement on my behalf. I promise I'll get a better picture when I wear it as a manicure!



Next up is my order from Sea Lore. I actually got this waaaaay at the beginning of the month, before all of the others! I'd seen swatches of Andrina (the purple) online and fell in love, and promptly went to order a batch of other colours too!
Jamie, the lovely lady who runs Sea Lore, is another complete darling. She was very patient with all of my rambling excited messages, puts little sweets in her parcels, wraps everything with bubblewrap and glittery tissue paper and tiny mermaid stickers....! <3 I got a lovely handmade ring too, made with Aquata (blue polish with flakies, which I now must have, haha!) and a tiny silver octopus stamped on it! So cute! Honestly, it felt more like unwrapping a carefully considered birthday present as opposed to just regular nail mail. :)
The pretties I eventually chose were Andrina, Alana, Adella and Arista.

I spent ages trying to get decent bottle shots of these beauties, but alas, I just cannot capture their sparkly brilliance! Arista, in particular, since I was trying to get a shot for a friend (who later ordered a full sized bottle of it, and requested a merman riding on a killer whale on her parcel - God, my friends are awesome XD <3). Anyway, Arista is full of these holographic hex, and they just seem pink or red in most photos, but in real life they are so sparkly! Utterly gorgeous! (And now they're going to be stocked through Llarowe too, so they're easy to pick up with anything else you might be ordering! ;p I intend to still order from Jamie because I'd rather give her my money direct than through a third party, but that's just personal preference. :D)

Finally, the OPI. After falling in love with Don't Touch My Tutu! last month, I decided to go back to the dusty hunting grounds, since I'd seen some of the other jellies there too. Sadly Guy Meets Gal-Veston and Y'all Come Back had gone, but I grabbed a bottle of My Pointe Exactly and Big Hair, Big Nails. A short trip back to home, and I'd placed online orders for Pirouette My Whistle and Y'all Come Back to join their siblings. Oops.
L-R; Pirouette My Whistle, My Pointe Exactly, Y'All Come Back, Big Hair Big Nails.


And that just about wraps up my polish hauling for this month! Hopefully I'll have a new HARE, some more Pahlish and some Rainbow Honey for next month - seems I'm really getting into the swing of this indie thing, haha! <3

2 comments:

  1. awesome hauL! love all the polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you! Clearly I have trouble with impulse control, but it's always fun to share your nail purchases with other people who understand the polish madness! :D

      Delete