Thursday 12 July 2012

June 2012 - New Additions...


I thought about putting the text first, but that picture is awesome enough to head up a post on its own. Hell yeah. So, my stash update of additions for the month of June. Technically almost all of these are birthday presents, but they were all ordered or sent in June, so they can count for that. Haha! Okay, onto the sexy bottle photos!



The bottles in the photo above are all obviously China Glaze, from L-R;
Sun Kissed, I'm With The Lifeguard, Hang Ten Toes, Beach Cruise-R, Splish Splash, and Turned Up Turquoise.


These little gems are my other CG additions; L-R, they are Fairy Dust, 108 Degrees, and Custom Kicks. I love that you can just about see the lovely golden shimmer in Custom Kicks, and a bit of the glassflecky brilliance of 108 Degrees in there! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------


These Golden Rose flakies are ah-maaaaaaa-zing. <3 These babies are, from L-R;
07 (copper/yellow/green), 06 (green/teal/blue), 01 (gold/green with a hint of copper) and 04 (green/teal/blue, but in a clear base).

-------------------------------------------------------------------


My CND effects! :D I was sooooo excited waiting for these to arrive, I barely know which one to use first! Sadly they look pretty dull in the bottles, the magic happens when you swatch them over other colours (especially darks!). From L-R; Copper Shimmer, Amethyst Sparkle, Sapphire Sparkle, Crimson Sparkle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Elle's Spell by Barielle. I've been slowly trying to expand my range of 'safe for pregnant people' polishes, and this was one I've been looking at for a while. So pretty, so full of flakies! (Sadly, from what I've seen, that green/blue flash doesn't translate to the nail, but pretty nevertheless!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------


The Sally Hansen - Glass Slipper was a looooovely birthday gift from a very sweet friend of mine, since it's almost impossible to get over here! Silvery white flakies and shimmer, looks all icy and snowflakey and awesome over lots of different shades (and is quite similar to the HTF CND Sugar Sparkle, from what my google-fu tells me.)
The Color Club - Shabby Drab was an attempt to squash my craving to try Zoya's Caitlin; it pretty much worked, so mission accomplished! (Mostly I want to try these two together, haha! Look how cute they look in the same photo!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Slightly less exciting, but still fun, are the UK 'drugstore' polishes. L-R; Nail Pop - Pearl Effect, Nail Pop - Bling, Rimmel LycraPro - Sea Green. The flakie polish was really quite disappointing, only a few sparse dark blue flakes in a milky base, but still nice I guess. Bling is quite pretty, if a little girly for my usual tastes, but I already have a manicure planned out for it, so yay! Sea Green is just... well, my kinda colour, haha! I'm a sucker for purples and teals! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Last but not least, the wonder that is Sticks N Stones by Cover Band. I have no words for how brilliant this is, seriously. You need it in your life. Instead of waffling, I'll just leave you with this bottle shot. Look at those beautiful tiny holo sparkles in there! Bar glitter! Squares! So, so pretty.

Well, that about wraps up June's new polishes, hope you all liked the bottle spam, haha! :D

3 comments:

  1. So many colours; my envy is vast and ridiculous! :D And more to come too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heee, I know! <3 I thought about waiting for the Zoyas to arrive, but they can come under July's umbrella now, methinks. :D
      And no need for envy, you know you can come and borrow them whenever you like!

      Delete
    2. True, true XD And no doubt I will :) I've yet to see my new polishes - Dad's getting my parcel tomorrow, and I'll hopefully get them prior to seeing you in the evening, but goodness, the wait is killer.

      Delete